Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pretty in a PillowCase

At 9:00 last night I was doing laundry. I was putting away a plain white pillowcase when I remembered a tutorial I saw about a pillowcase dress. Instead of finishing the laundry, or doing anything else I was suppossed to do last night, I busted out the sewing machine and made this.
This is ABSOLUTELY the first thing (besides one simple blanket), that I have EVER sewn. I am pretty proud of myself. It took me till 1am (LOL), and it is FAR FAR FAR from perfect, but it definitely works.


I added a cute material flower, which you can find the tutorial for here.

And this morning, the first thing we did before breakfast, was a fashion show!! Berkely loved it.
Sorry about the messy table, I didn't even think about cleaning it all up last night.


NO JOKE, if I can do this, ANYONE CAN!!!! I am heading to the thrift store sometime to find some vintage type pillowcases, with lace on the bottom, to fiddle around some more.
Tutorials for the dress found here, and here.

post signature

3 comments:

Unknown said...

so cute and clever, way to go!!!

Shannon said...

Holy smokes! You are awesome.

Jamie W said...

Love this new blog! Keep the cute ideas coming. This one is adorable, I may just have to try it. but wait, I can't sew! hmm. I will have to work on that. :)